Thanks to the work of one of our Teacher Tech Team members (and sibling), Steve Kelly, one way to curb the cheating that occurs while taking exams on Schoology or Classroom has been REVEALED!!!
Now, if you don’t use Schoology……you may want to consider using it. You can link your Google Form that you’re giving your exam on into Schoology and then, SHAZAM, you can’t cheat. How does this happen, you ask? Here are several steps to a cheat-free classroom.
1. The exam HAS to be taken on a student Chromebook or Chromebox. Another reason to reinforce that all students should have a fully operating Chromebook which is brought to class.
2. The student should not be signed into their device (like CMAS). If so, have them sign out. Prompt them to the bottom left-hand corner of the screen. You will see “Shut Down” and “Apps”. Have the student choose “Apps” – the waffle looking icon.
3. Once “Apps” has been clicked on, have the student choose “BVSD Schoology Testing
4. You will the following screen loading once “BVSD Schoology Testing” has been chosen.
5. You will see the Single Sign-On Prompt screen. Have the student login.
6. Note: The upper left-hand corner of the screen. EVERY student should have this on their screen. There should be no tabs at the top of the display.
7. The students can now access your exam whether it’s in your Schoology folder or linked to a Google Form from Schoology. They are unable to open another tab as we know they are masters of opening and closing tabs faster than you can say “summer vacation”!
If you have any questions, please let Steve Kelly or myself know. We’d be happy to help!
Good luck, Eagles!